With Easter just around the corner, it’s time to plan your Easter weekend feast. It’s the perfect excuse to get family and friends together and enjoy some good food with your favourite people.
Whether you fancy a traditional Easter Sunday roast or would prefer a delicious spring salad table, here are a few ideas and tips for creating the perfect Easter feasting menu.
Traditional Easter Sunday Roast
Sunday roasts are a beloved tradition in many families, but it can often be difficult to find time to make them on a normal weekend. So take advantage of the Easter long weekend and plan a delicious Easter roast lunch for the family. Instead of choosing chicken or beef, opt for roast lamb to keep it seasonal.
Get a good quality leg of lamb from your local butcher and stud it with garlic, rosemary and thyme. If you have time, slow roast the lamb at a lower temperature for approximately 5 hours to get the juiciest, most succulent meat which just falls off the bone. Serve it with a selection of your favourite traditional trimmings, such as roast potatoes, roast carrots and parsnips, sautéed spring greens and mint sauce.
If you want to make your traditional Easter Sunday roast a three course affair, start off with a simple starter which can be made in advance. Things like mackerel pate with melba toast and salad, or pea and ham hock soup, work really well. For dessert, opt for a traditional simnel cake or make a decadent bread and butter pudding using hot cross buns.
Spring Salad Table
If your Easter gathering is a bit more casual and you want to host an informal meal, a seasonal spring salad table is a great idea. Most of the salads can be prepared in advance, leaving you plenty of time to socialise with your guests. Everyone can help themselves to whatever the fancy, making your job as the host nice and easy!
It’s a good idea to prepare a variety of meat and veggie salads, and serve them along with plenty of fresh bread, pickles, cheese, sauces and antipasti platters. Here are a few of our favourite spring salad ideas that would be perfect for an Easter feasting menu.
- Chopped spring salad - with cucumber, avocado, spring onions, radishes, sugar snap peas, mint and tomatoes with a lemon and garlic yogurt dressing
- Pea and prosciutto salad - with sugar snap peas, petit pois, rocket, prosciutto and a light mustard and lemon dressing
- Grilled pesto chicken salad - with baby leaf salad, cucumber, radish, shallot, grilled chicken breast and homemade pesto
- Salmon soba noodle salad - with grilled salmon, asparagus, spinach, soba noodles and a sesame, soy and ginger dressing
- Roasted carrot falafel salad - with homemade roasted carrot falafels, baby leaf salad, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese and a citrus tahini dressing
Let us know what you’ll be whipping up this Easter weekend!
Don’t forget, if you need help planning a dinner party, wedding or event, we’ve got the catering sorted! Visit our Events Catering page for more information: bearclawcatering.co.uk/catering